Podcast Production Services
· What is podcasting and why is it so popular?
· How can companies benefit from podcasting?
· How can RADIO LOUNGE help make podcasting an effective component to your marketing mix?
What is podcasting?
· Simply posting audio files on the internet for download is NOT podcasting.
· Podcasting does commonly use mp3 audio files.
· The power of podcasting comes from a subscription model, commonly using technology called RSS (Really Simple Syndication)
· Listeners use free software such as Apple’s iTunes, or any simple RSS reader (popular for reading blogs) which periodically checks for and retrieves new audio content automatically.
· Listeners can enjoy the audio on their computer, or using a software such as iTunes, can copy the audio files onto an mp3 player such as the iPod.
Why is podcasting so popular?
· Rapid increase in use of portable media devices (such as the iPod and other mp3 players, as well as a new generation of wireless phones and other audio playing devices).
· Consumers prefer to listen to WHAT they want, WHEN they want. The subscription model allows storage of fresh new content that can be enjoyed later—at the gym, in the car,etc.
Most podcasts are free to subscribe to, and easy to download
How can businesses use podcasting?
· The greater the growth of podcasting, the greater the need for companies to harness the potential as a marketing vehicle.
· Companies can create entertainment or lifestyle programs focusing on issues associated with their products or services. For example, a home improvement company can create (and of course self-sponsor) a podcast with a home improvement expert discussing various issues and solutions, and how The Home Improvement Company can provide everything needed for those solutions).
· Company executives can communicate to customers and stockholders about new company developments and products, in a cost effective and very personalized manner. Big corporations can create the intimacy of a small company.
· Companies can use podcasts to distribute many different bits of information, such as employee communication, audio white papers, meeting recaps, presentations, interviews, virtual conferences, press releases, product demos...and the list goes on and on.
· Listeners learn about your company on their terms. This can be very empowering for listeners.
What can you do NOW with podcasting?
· Start right away! Podcasting is at the beginning of its adoption cycle. Ride the growth wave.
· Outline the goals of your message. What is the desired outcome? Clearly define who the listener will be, and what will be important for that listener to hear from you?
· Use podcasting for multiple avenues. One podcast can be for employee communication. Another can be for current customers... Another for potential customers and yet another for stockholders. The medium is powerful and inexpensive to produce..and distribution is free. This can lead to impressive marketing ROI.
· Have your podcast professionally narrated and produced. Use a professional interviewer if needed. Remember, you have an image to uphold and a brand to reinforce.
How can RADIO LOUNGE help?
· Turnkey podcast solutions from RADIO LOUNGE make professional podcasting fun, easy and affordable.
· RADIO LOUNGE works with you on concept development and consultation, production, editing, mixing, encoding, and RSS integration with your website.
· RADIO LOUNGE uses state-of-the-art digital multitrack studios, the freshest music (and sound effects if needed), plus high quality narrative talent, moderators and interviewers.
· We use the same creative and quality applications to podcasts that we have for broadcast production for the past fifteen years.
· Contact us today. 281.494.4680 or toll free 866.428.3469 and let’s discuss your potential podcasting project.
Listen to podcast samples
RADIO LOUNGE produces its own podcasts where we speak with some of the advertising industry’s best and brightest. You can hear some of our work by visiting our Podcast Interviews page or visit our RSS feeds page to subscribe and receive our free podcast interviews along with free articles and lots of other goodies. This will give you a feel for the overall sound quality and professional delivery we can bring to your projects..
About RADIO LOUNGE
RADIO LOUNGE, helps podcasters, agencies, direct advertisers, and broadcasters create memorable messages so that their clients can stand out in the roar of the crowd. Specializing in -radio, podcasts, audio for presentations, audio for multimedia, flash audio, on-hold, low power radio, dvd audio, ...anything audio!
RADIO LOUNGE is based out of Sugar Land, Texas USA (a suburb of Houston) and has won numerous awards for its quality and creativity in developing and producing audio for clients worldwide.
The RADIO LOUNGE team has been involved in projects ranging from local and regional companies to global giants like ENRON, Motorola, Lowes, SYSCO, and more.
© 2006 HSCS, Inc./RADIO LOUNGE